Banded Hip Thrusts
Hip Thrust w Abduction
Dumbbell Hip Thrust
Barbell Hip Thrust
1.5 Hip Thrust
Points of Performance:
- During all hip thrusts, focus on full extension of the hip, but avoid overextending the hip. If you feel compression in the lower back, you are probably overextending.
- Keep a slight tuck of a chin during the thrust, exhaling as you lift.
- Focus on extending in the hip, and pushing the knees towards the toes.
- Knees should stay in line with the ankles, and avoid lateral movement of the knees.
- Focus on keeping the feet planted throughout the movement.
- You can use no weight, a dumbbell or kettlebell, or a barbell on your hips. Option to put a towel or small pad if you are using a barbell to help soften the load on your hip bones.
- For hip thrust w abduction, place a mini band below the knee. Focus on pushing w the goutes Tom spread the legs as opposed to trying to rotate the knees outwards. Feet should stay flat.