Alternating Floor Press
Single Arm Floor Press
Babywearing Option: Your baby can lay next to you as you move, or you can use your baby as weight.
Points of Performance:
- Lay flat on your back with your knees bent in.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and press the weights up at roughly a 45 degree angle in reference to your torso.
- Lower down until your upper arm hits the floor.
- Inhale as you lower, exhale as you lift. There may be a tendency to lift the ribs as you press; focus on keeping the back against the ground and the exhale.
- For single arm floor press, roll towards the arm on the ground as you press the weight overhead. The leg on the opposite side of the weight, will be straight on the ground with the leg on the same side as the weight bent.